January 7, 2014

Top Ten Goals For 2014 (43)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I don't really do resolutions, so I've titled this post "GOALS" instead of "RESOLUTIONS". But the idea is the same. Also, I'm not just gonna do bookish resolutions. Personal stuff too. So get ready to read about my feelings as well as my work ethic, yeah?

1. Be less of a pushover
I feel like a lot of the times I'll do stuff to make other people happy. And I find joy in making people I love happy, but every now and again I'll think to myself "Gosh, this person never does anything like this for me" and I get kind of sad because I care so much and they don't seem to return said care. I don't think friendships are even, but they shouldn't be so unequally I feel uncared for. So this year I'm going to try and cut out the people who walk all over me and spend more time with the people who actually care. And perhaps make new friends who actually care. 

2. Choose to be happy
I think I first really realized this concept when I read When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle. Choosing to be happy was a pretty prominent idea in that book, and it kinda became my mantra after that. But somewhere along the way in 2013, I forgot about it. Maybe I got too comfortable. Maybe I thought everything was good and I was happy with where all my friendships were at the beginning of the year and then I didn't even notice as it all went downhill. Not this year. This year there will be not Summer laziness or Fall regret. Nope.

3. Read and comment on more blogs
I suck at that. Sorry guys. I really love a lot of you, so I'm really working on it.

4. Get better at scheduling stuff
It's kind of 8 minutes until this post is supposed to go up. I reallllly need to work on my scheduling. 

5. Work on my graphics
If I get better at scheduling (like item number 4 on this list suggests), I'll be able to better think out my graphics for this blog. I'm capable of making things pretty and exciting, I'm just super lazy.

6. BE LESS LAZY.
The last few items on the list kind of cover this. But I'm kind of a huge procrastinator and I don't like it all that much. In school when it was work and mandatory and BLORG, it was one thing because I didn't want to do any of that stuff, I just had to. But blogging is my hobby and I should be more enthusiastic about it. Obviously this isn't something I can force, but I am going to try and work on it. I also don't think this is going to be a quick and easy solution type thing. It's gonna be a struggle and this might not be the year, after 24 years of extreme laziness, when things change, but I am gonna try.

7. Get a big girl job and move out of my parents' apartment
These two things go hand-in-hand so I'm squishing them into one. It's not that I don't love selling books. I do love it. So much. But I just don't realistically make enough money to be a big girl in the big city. And I want to be that. So much. My parents are great for letting me live at home and all that, but that can't be my life forever and I'd like for it to not be my life in 2015.

8. Start going to the gym more
Again. I am the laziest. But I really should go more. I'm sorry this is such a giant cliche of a resolution. But hey, at least it's not "stop saying no" because then you'd all really hate me.

9. Be better at staying in touch with people I love
Sometimes I lose track of people. I won't text/call/skype/whatever them for a while and it's just because everyone drops the ball. I love them, they love me, and when we do meet up or talk, it's brilliant, so I'd like to just be better at that, especially since I'm not in college anymore. Life isn't a series of just bumping into each other on the street anymore. Especially when all my friends are literally scattered across the planet.

10. Get more sleep
I go to bed so late for no freaking reason and it has to stop. It. Has. To. Stop. I'm so tired during the day and I feel like I'm not enjoying my awake time half as much as I could be. So. This ends now.

And that's it. What do you think of this little list? Do you have any of the same "GOALS"? Perhaps yours are slightly different but I can still relate. Feel free to share in the comments below!